Heaven is Closer Than You Think and Better Than You Imagine
Where is it written?
Read Revelation 4
- What do you notice first about the scene being described?
- What attributes is God worshipped for? (Make a list.)
- What are the people and creatures around the throne doing?
- If you were to describe this scene in your own words - how would you?
How goes your walk?
- How does this revelation of heaven expand or challenge what people often imagine about heaven?
- What excites you or scares you in this revelation of heaven?
- How does the reality of heaven change your life now?
Biblical Symbols in This Passage:
- 7 = Completion/ Perfection (7 days in a week)
- 12 = Authority / Perfection (12 Tribes, 12 Apostles, 12 loaves etc.)
- See Isaiah 6 and Ezekial 1 for previous throneroom visions.
Some commentators believe the three non-human-faced creatures symbolize the leaders within the animal world. The lion (king of wild animals). The ox (king of domesticated animals). The eagle (king of the birds).
- Values Throughout Our Study of Revelation:
- Expect literal future fulfillment. But be careful about predictions!
- Look for past fulfillment.
- Look for timeless biblical symbols, truths, and principles.
- Be teachable.
- Read Revelation (Bonus - Read Daniel 7-12)
- Develop and Deepen a Christian Worldview
- Focus on the Finish Line (Memorize Revelation 21:1-4, 22:1-5)